The Sussex Federation this year are having their PDI competition specifically as ‘England during the pandemic. This information about the competition is for all members thinking of entering.
Note that in addition to your image files we require (see section 9 below) a short description (between 50 and 100 words) that describes the image in relationship to the pandemic. The focus needs to be on the image and your vision of that image in relationship to the pandemic.
It is not possible to upload this text directly using PhotoComp, so please send this to the selection committee separately by email to email@example.com making sure you refer to the title of each image so we can match up the description to the title .
Also, you need to add the location into your title when uploading the image to PhotoComp, for example: “Queue for the Bank – Chichester Town Centre”.
Here are the rules from the Sussex Fed.
PDI Competition title – England During the Pandemic
1. This is an open competition so all genres will be accepted provided they comply with the Competition Rules.
2. Images must have been taken between January 2020 and up to the uploading date 22nd February 2021.
3. In the title of the file we also need the date the image was taken, and the location.
4. Image dimensions should be 1600 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high.
5. Images must be in RGB mode, sRGB colour space and saved as high-quality JPEGs.
6. Composite images are permitted provided all component images meet the above Requirements.
7. We hope to produce a printed book from a selection of the images entered. Entering an image gives SxPF the right to publish that image in a catalogue and/or digital presentation, on its website, and for this Competition, a book and/or newsletter in connection with the Championship. In all cases the copyright remains with the photographer and credit will be given.
8. Clubs must enter 12 images from a minimum of 10 photographers. No photographer may have more than two images entered. We need 2 photographs from each photographer if possible to help us with the selection..
9. If your image/s is selected we will need a short description (between 50 and 100 words) that describes the image in relationship to the pandemic. The focus needs to be on the image and your vision of that image in relationship to the pandemic. This will be required within 48 or sooner from receiving the selection notification.
10. Please note the short description may be given to the judges to assist them with their marking or to caption any images that are published.
Any questions or clarification please contact Peter Rocchiccioli at firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Rocchiccioli Chair SC