Category Archives: Developers Group

Developers Group

The next meeting of the Developers Group will be held in the Small Hall at 7:30pm on Monday 15th April. For the first half we will be reviewing the images taken at the night shoot in Chichester at our last meeting together with any other night photography shots that members wish to bring . You can bring either prints or PDIs or both.

For the second half Richard Webb will be giving a presentation on the use of masks to enhance images. It should be a fun and informative evening so do come along

Developers Group PHotoshoot

The next meeting of the Developers Group will be held on Monday 18th March. This will be a night photoshoot in Chichester. Please meet at 7:30pm at the Market Cross. We will spend some of the evening taking photos around the main streets of the City followed by a meet in the pub in North Street to recover from our endeavours. Please bring a tripod. Mike will bring a briefing sheet for the evening

Developers Group

The next meeting of the Developers Group will be held in the Small Hall on Monday 18th February starting at 7:30pm. All Club class members are welcome. In the first half Heather Buckle will lead a discussion on Black and White photography based on her superb images of ballet dancers and the recent image of the Tate Modern which got a 10 in the last Intermediate Print competition. The 2nd half will focus on night photography. It should be a good evening so do make an effort to attend

Meeting of Developers Group

7:30pm on 21st January 2019

The next meeting of the Developers Group will be held in the Small Hall at 7:30pm on Monday 21st  January 2019. 

The first part of the evening will be a discussion on how to mount prints.  Linda Bullimore will bring her cutting board, as will others, and demonstrate how to achieve consistently good results which will show your images to their very best effect.  Linda will also provide some notes on the techniques used. 

The second half of the evening will be a presentation by Martin Willard ( Club level member) on how he has used Photoshop Elements 11 (Light Room has similar facilities)  (specifically the techniques covered in the October 2018 meeting) to improve a number of his own images. The presentation will be emailed out to attendees after the evening.

Numbers attending this sub group have been disappointing to date so it would be helpful if as many Club members as possible could attend on Monday to demonstrate your commitment to the continuing viability of this initiative

Developers Group Meeting: Portraits with Simon Fuchter

The developers group meeting on the 17th December was dedicated to a demonstration and talk about Portrait photography by Simon Fuchter. Simon owned a portrait studio in South street and is the 3rd generation from a family of portrait photographers. He demonstrated the essentials of portrait photography with the importantance of lighting. He had brought along a selection of representative images of his own and his father and grandfather.

He gave us a summary of the essentials, covering Lighting, Pose and the most important, Expression.

Simon Fuchter’s notes

Vote of Thanks and Christmas Special

Hi all,

This is a request for both the above.

We are short of volunteers to give the vote of thanks to our judges and speakers on the following dates. Dec 6th, Jan 10th & 24th, Feb 7th & 21st, Mar 7th, 21st & 28th, Apr 11th, 18th & 25th, May 9th & 23rd. This is important for the club so please be kind enough to let either Mike Hancock, Mike Harris or  Glyn Edmunds know by email if you are willing to give a VOT. Obviously we need someone for this coming meeting on the 6th. 

Now for the fun and games. On Dec 13th we have our Christmas special, Ho Ho Ho, which is a fun evening where we can enjoy ourselves by dressing in our favourite Christmas attire, enjoy some Christmas fare and drink while competing as teams in a Christmas quiz so I do hope as many of you as possible can attend. We need prizes donated for the raffle which can be brought to our next meeting on the 6th or on the night of the Christmas special on the 13th. For those who plan to attend could you also bring some finger food and drinks on the night for us all to enjoy.

Developers Group Meeting 21/11/18

Great developers group evening on Wednesday with two external speakers, Carl Cresswell from LCE and Vince Cater from Fotospeed. Carl brought a range of cameras and explained their features and costs and Vince talked about printing and paper. Attendees thought that the evening was extremely enjoyable and useful. It gave them a chance to play with the hardware and gain a better understanding of printing, print profiling and paper for specific photographic genre.

Carl and Vince gave me good feedback as they also enjoyed the evening and declared that they would be happy to attend again either to the developers group, other groups  or on a club evening.

My thanks to both for an entertaining and instructive evening.

Developers group

Just a reminder that the next developers group will be held on Wednesday 21st in the small hall at 19.30pm. We have two external speakers for the evening, Carl, the manager of the London Camera Exchange in Chichester and Vince from Fotospeed. It would be nice to have a good turnout as they are giving their time and expertise for free. Hope to see you all there.

Developers group meeting 15/10/18

Hi All.

Below are the presentation slides used at the above meeting.

here

OOPS. Apologies but that didn’t work so I’ll try again.

 

Well I tried to load but the content is too big so I’ve sent them by email to those who attended. Anyone else within the group who would like  a copy please see me at the next club meeting. I will also bring a few  copies to our next meeting on the 21st.