THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD AND HOW WE USE IT
Chichester Camera Club is established with the objects set out in its Constitution, to serve the interests of its members. Chichester Camera Club is a data controller within the UK.
The personal information referred to in this Policy includes name, title, email address, postal address, telephone number, photographic accreditations/affiliations, links to personal websites, records of entries to competitions and results, images and their titles and such other information as may be necessary for the effective management of the legitimate interests of the Chichester Camera Club.
Judges, speakers, suppliers and members (reclaiming expenses incurred on behalf of the Club) who wish to be paid electronically will need to provide bank account details to the treasurer to enable arrangements to be made with the Bank.
Chichester Camera Club collects and uses personal data for the following purposes:
- General management of the Club, such as:
- dissemination of information via email,
- maintaining the Club website, promotion and advertising of Club events
- running Club meetings and groups.
- The Annual Exhibition Catalogue includes contact information of Committee members and Club Officers and a list of authors, titles and copies of images accepted for inclusion in the Annual Exhibition plus information on judges and the names of trophy winners. The Exhibition Catalogue is available for purchase by the general public.
- The Yearly Programme of Events contains names and accreditations, if appropriate, of judges and lecturers – some of whom may be Club members, the names and accreditations of the President, Vice Presidents and Life Members, and names and contact details of Committee Members and Post Holders. This is available as paper copy to Club members and interested parties;
- Scheduled events are freely available on the CCC website for members of the public to view and in the Annual Exhibition catalogue.
- Contact details will be made available to members of the Management Committee, members and Post Holders in pursuance of their duties, such contacting members, potential members or judges and speakers or officers of other clubs and organisations.
- Images, titles and awards for entries used in competitions and exhibitions. These may be used for publicity and promotion of the Club.
- Bank account details, at the individual’s or organisation’s request, so the Club treasurer may set up electronic payment arrangements.
Personal data shall not be used for any purposes other than those stated above.
- Member’s contact data will be destroyed when the member leaves the Club or at the start of the next Club year.
- Potential member’s contact data will be destroyed when the individual request to leave the waiting list or at the start of the next Club year.
- Judge and speaker contact details, or contact details of other clubs and organisations are normally held indefinitely or until it is requested to be deleted by the individual or organisation.
- General business records will normally be held for 6 years after the end of the financial year to which they relate.
- Chichester Camera Club may retain historical archives indefinitely, for example but not limited to, records of meetings, handbooks, catalogues, awards and other event results
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Chichester Camera Club Management Committee shall regularly review the data held and the length of time it is held for and has developed procedures in line with the general requirements of the GDPR for organisations of this type. Measures include identifying all data held (Data Audit), production of DPIAs (Data Protection Impact Assessments) for sensitive data and training of Club officers in the handling of sensitive data.
General membership data is held on a secure database on the Club website. Individual Club officers such as the Secretary, Membership Secretary and Treasurer may hold private databases or paper records to perform their jobs. DPIAs and other guidance ensures this data is properly managed in accordance with identified risks.
Bank details will only be used by Treasurer to set up electronic payment arrangements within the Club’s Lloyds Bank internet banking facility. Local hard or electronic copies of bank account details will not be held.
YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS TO THE DATA WE HOLD
Any person wishing to verify the information held on them by the Chichester Camera Club, or who can correct or update that information, may apply to the Secretary.
Members can view their own details at any time if logged on to the private members’ only area of the Club website.
HOW WE DEAL WITH A BREACH OF SECURITY
If we suspect a breach of security we shall take steps to inform the individuals affected in a reasonable time and review our procedures to see if steps can be taken to improve our data handling.
Note that most of the data we hold on normal Club members, speakers and judges is not sensitive or is generally available through multiple public sources.