Great set of images from our advanced members last night and excellently judged by Rob de Ruiter. Congratulations to all the tens but for me the two stand out images were ‘Clouds of Global Fuming’ and ‘Vulture’. That’s to take nothing away from the other 10’s as I’m sure others will think differently. It’s really down to what images have the most affect personally. All in all a really enjoyable night.
A whole series of notices that members need to be aware of are listed below.
- The Selection Committee are requesting up to a maximum of three 50×40 mounted prints from members for entry consideration into the SCPF championship. They are needed by the 25th January as selection will take place at 09.00Hrs at Tangmere. Prints can be delivered to the following addresses. Lorna Brown at 4 Oakwood Close, Tangmere, PO20 2WD and please ring on 07855 932041 to arrange, John Howes at Fourwinds, Vinnetrow Rd, Rancton Chi, PO201QB Mob 07855435580, Peter Rocchiccioli at Ludlow, Copse Lane, Hayling Island, PO11 0QA Mob 07810552778 and Jan Davis at 1 Green Lane, Chichester PO19 7NS mob 07835 175391.
- Roger Mendham LRPS ( member of Bookham Camera Club) is presenting a lecture on “The Dust Bowl Through the Lens of a Photographer” , telling the story of the USA Dust Bowl in the mid-1930s through photography of the time. The meeting is arranged by the Arts Society and is taking place next Wednesday January 19th at the Assembly Room, North Street Chichester. Visitors are welcome at a fee of £10 payable on the door. The Lecture starts at 6.30pm with doors open and drinks served from 6.00pm. Covid precautions are observed in accordance with the Assembly Rooms requirements and all attendees are asked to take a lateral flow test before attending and wear masks at all times. Any queries please contact Martin Willard – 07790 485734.
- The Developers group and the small print competition scheduled for the 17th has been postponed and further details will be announced regarding a new date.
- The Lightroom zoom session by Sarah Nichol has been postponed and further details are posted in this newsletter.
- SCPF Exhibition (message from Jim Munday our SCPF Rep ). I know that some of you have tried over the weekend to download the YouTube video of the Exhibition and had various problems, thank you for letting me know. There is another version of the slideshow that can be downloaded from this link. It is an mp4 video file and has no music or intermission. http://gofile.me/3TZXf/UTsrHa9Bu
- The cut off date for the 3rd Club/Inter PDI competition has been extended to the 16th for club members only. Any Inter members who have had problems should contact Jeff Owen.
- I mentioned last night that the club needs to fill some important posts before the start of our next season. They are, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Programme Secretary and an Annual Exhibition Organiser. The club cannot function successfully unless we have volunteers to fill these posts so please all of you give some thought to this request and put your names forward. The role guidance for these posts is accessible through our website and there is an opportunity to shadow the current post holders for the rest of this season.
Next week we are in the company of Slawek Staszscuk and his presentation ‘Creative Landscape Photography’ which I’m sure will be well supported.
Rather a long drawn out newsletter this week but very important.