Well, what a fantastic start to the season. The work Matt puts in to get his images is phenomenal and it clearly showed last night.
A couple of news items now.
In discussions with Andy Bracey, who’s running the Developers Group, and to be consistent with the theme of continuous learning I’m pleased to announce the following which is a change from the original concept for this group and is very welcome.
- The developers group, may be renamed at their first meeting on the 20th.
- The groups Tangmere meetings will be open to any member who would like to attend from both club and intermediate classes for continuous learning.
- The groups photowalks are open to all members if they’d like to attend.
- Andy will be presenting the group content on the 20th September for group approval/amendment.
- There will also be changes to the way the small print competition will be run this year and Linda Bullimore will explain the details at the meeting on the 20th so it will benefit all club class members to attend.
For those of you new to the club we have an arrangement with St Wilfrids and Sage House to loan mounted prints which are then put into their frames and are hung for patients, visitors and staff to appreciate. The request is sent out to all members for contributions towards this very worthwhile project. I would ideally like about 40 mounted prints to make a selection from and they will be on loan to St Wilfrids Hospice and Sage House (dementia unit in Tangmere) for about 6 months.
Prints must be mounted in standard size for club competitions (40x50cm). No portraits and No abstracts please, (they confuse dementia patients). Local landscape scenes, coast line, woodlands, flowers etc. All prints are so appreciated by everyone and will trigger a talking point.
Please put your full name and title on the back so that I can return them to you and keep a list of where your work is. As we are not meeting until the New Year I would be grateful if prints could be delivered to my address from September 16th – 30th and please place into the box in my porch. Address is 2 Willowbed Avenue (Not Drive), Chichester PO198JD Those prints to be returned will be stored in the returns box at Tangmere for collection in the New Year.
Take care and see you next week.