The next meeting of the PAGB Group is on Monday 2nd November at 7.00pm. Because we look at both Prints and PDIs there is a lot of setting up to do so please come along at 6.50 to help set up. As usual we will try to see and comment on the work of everyone attending.
Tallaght 25th International Salon of Photographic Art
- Contratulatons to GEORGE ATKINS who had 8 Print acceptances in the Salon. He was also awarded a FIAP Silver Medal and a Ribbon
- Congratulations to JOHN HOWES who had 7 PDI acceptances in the Salon.
- Congratulations to LORNA BROWN who had 4 PDI acceptances in the Salon .
- Well done to all of them. It is a great achievement to gain acceptances and awards in this prestigious FIAP & PSA international Salon.
Congratulations to PAGB Group member GEORGE ATKINS who had great success in The 7th ICS International Digital Circuit in the USA this summer. George had 25 images accepted in the circuit and had the following awards.
- ISF Gold Medal Best Author
- ICS Gold Medal Best in Show
- Swan Gold Medal
- Argus Bronze Medal
Congratulations to PAGB Group member JOHN HOWES who had 6 of his images accepted in the Sydney International Exhibition of Photography and 5 acceptances in the Swansea international Salon of Photography.
PAGB GROUP SALON COMPETITION
Congratulations to Sheila Tester who won last season’s International Salon Competition. She was presented with a bottle of Champagne at the club on the evening of the 15th October. The PAGB Group will run another competition this season. The rules are outlined below.
PAGB GROUP International Salon Competition 2015-2016
- This competition is open to members of the PAGB Group only
- There are five Salons only, these are selected by the group leaders. All the Salons we have chosen are under the patronage of FIAP.
- You may enter as many sections as you wish in each Salon however only the number of acceptances in ONE section in each exhibition will be taken into account for the competition (because some people don’t enter all the classes).
- You may choose which section you would like to count after the results are out.
- We will give one point for an acceptance and an extra point for an award such as a medal/certificate etc.
- When the results of all the exhibitions are known then we will add the points and present the prize!
- This year all the Salons will take place in different countries.
- The group leaders will not take part.
The Salons for this season are
- 2015/426 3rd Cork International Salon of Photography
- Open Mono, Open Colour, Nature, Photo Travel, Landscape, Creative
- Cost € 15.- 20. -25.- 30.-35.-40 PAYPAL
- Closes 01/12/2015
- Results 20/12/15
BOSNIA, SERBIA, MONTENEGRO
- 2016/044 BH Circuit 2016 – Tuzla – Bosnia Herzegovina
- 2016/045 BH Circuit 2016 – Aleksinac – Serbia
- 2016/046 BH Circuit 2016 – Kotor – Montenegro
- Open Mono, Open Colour, Nature, Photo Travel, Woman
- Cost €30 for 2 sections, €40 for 4 sections. PAYPAL
- Closes 25-12-2015
- Results 25-01-2016
- 2016/035 1st Atlantic International Photographic Exhibition 2016
- Cost $10, 18, 27, 38. PAYPAL
- Open Colour, Open Mono, Nature, Photo Travel
- Closes 28-02-2016
- Results 13-03-2016
SCOTLAND (details not yet available, below are details from the 2015 Salon)