3rd CORK INTERNATIONAL SALON OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- George Atkins was awarded a SACC Gold Medal for ‘Botallack Tin Mine’, along with several other acceptances
- Ann McDonald was awarded a PSA Silver Medal for ‘Through the Doorways’, along with several other acceptances
- Lorna Brown was awarded a PSA Ribbon for ‘Memento Mori’, along with several other acceptances
There were also acceptances for other PAGB Group members. Those also gaining acceptances at the salon were
- Sheila Tester
- John Howes
- Ronnie Hall
- Sue Nash
Congratulations to all. It is a terrific achievement to gain awards and/or acceptances at these International Salons of Photography where one is competing against the best in the world.
Congratulations to PAGB Group member Sheila Tester who won a PAGB Gold Medal in the Nature Print Section at the 41st Smethwick International Exhibiiton of Photography.
The winning image is ‘A Group of Mycena’
Sheila was also awarded a Highly Commended Ribbon in the Nature Print section for “Mycena Attacked by Slime Mould’
Well done Sheila!
This is an excellent result for the club from Smethwick, two gold medals (one for George Atkins also, see previous post) and a ribbon from this prestigious exhibition.
The following members had awards from The Wrekin Salon 2015
George Atkins received a Ribbon in addition to several acceptances
John Howes received a Highly Commended in addition to several acceptances
Lorna Brown, Mike Davison and John Howes also had acceptances at The Smethwick Exhibition. In addition Lorna had an acceptance in the Wrekin Salon.
Congratulations to everyone for their successes.
Congratulations to PAGB Group member George Atkins who won a Gold Medal in the Colour Print Section at the 41st Smethwick International Exhibiiton of Photography. The winning image is Trevose Head Lighthouse
Well done George!
Riviera Hotel, Burnaby Road, Alum Chine, Bournemouth, BH4 8JF
Arena is pleased to announce details of the 2016 Arena Seminar which takes place from 11th to 13th March 2016. The Seminar has become established as a major weekend event in the photographic calendar.
The Seminar brings together a first-class group of speakers and photography enthusiasts for a weekend of lectures, discussion and the opportunity to share inspirational photography.
Download the booking form here
More information about the weekend here http://arenaphotographers.com/index.php/arena-seminar-2016/
Tallaght 25th International Salon of Photographic Art
- Contratulatons to GEORGE ATKINS who had 8 Print acceptances in the Salon. He was also awarded a FIAP Silver Medal and a Ribbon
- Congratulations to JOHN HOWES who had 7 PDI acceptances in the Salon.
- Congratulations to LORNA BROWN who had 4 PDI acceptances in the Salon .
- Well done to all of them. It is a great achievement to gain acceptances and awards in this prestigious FIAP & PSA international Salon.
Congratulations to PAGB Group member GEORGE ATKINS who had great success in The 7th ICS International Digital Circuit in the USA this summer. George had 25 images accepted in the circuit and had the following awards.
- ISF Gold Medal Best Author
- ICS Gold Medal Best in Show
- Swan Gold Medal
- Argus Bronze Medal
Congratulations to PAGB Group member JOHN HOWES who had 6 of his images accepted in the Sydney International Exhibition of Photography and 5 acceptances in the Swansea international Salon of Photography.
PAGB GROUP SALON COMPETITION
Congratulations to Sheila Tester who won last season’s International Salon Competition. She was presented with a bottle of Champagne at the club on the evening of the 15th October. The PAGB Group will run another competition this season. The rules are outlined below.
PAGB GROUP International Salon Competition 2015-2016
- This competition is open to members of the PAGB Group only
- There are five Salons only, these are selected by the group leaders. All the Salons we have chosen are under the patronage of FIAP.
- You may enter as many sections as you wish in each Salon however only the number of acceptances in ONE section in each exhibition will be taken into account for the competition (because some people don’t enter all the classes).
- You may choose which section you would like to count after the results are out.
- We will give one point for an acceptance and an extra point for an award such as a medal/certificate etc.
- When the results of all the exhibitions are known then we will add the points and present the prize!
- This year all the Salons will take place in different countries.
- The group leaders will not take part.
The Salons for this season are
- 2015/426 3rd Cork International Salon of Photography
- Open Mono, Open Colour, Nature, Photo Travel, Landscape, Creative
- Cost € 15.- 20. -25.- 30.-35.-40 PAYPAL
- Closes 01/12/2015
- Results 20/12/15
BOSNIA, SERBIA, MONTENEGRO
- 2016/044 BH Circuit 2016 – Tuzla – Bosnia Herzegovina
- 2016/045 BH Circuit 2016 – Aleksinac – Serbia
- 2016/046 BH Circuit 2016 – Kotor – Montenegro
- Open Mono, Open Colour, Nature, Photo Travel, Woman
- Cost €30 for 2 sections, €40 for 4 sections. PAYPAL
- Closes 25-12-2015
- Results 25-01-2016
- 2016/035 1st Atlantic International Photographic Exhibition 2016
- Cost $10, 18, 27, 38. PAYPAL
- Open Colour, Open Mono, Nature, Photo Travel
- Closes 28-02-2016
- Results 13-03-2016
SCOTLAND (details not yet available, below are details from the 2015 Salon)
The group shall be meeting on:
Monday 7th September
Monday 5th October
Monday 2nd November
Monday 7th December
Monday 4th January
Monday 1st February
Monday 7th March
Monday 4th April
Monday 9th May (1st Monday is a bank holiday)
Monday 6th June
Please see the Programme page for further information.
Leader: Ann McDonald ARPS, DPAGB
The PAGB Distinctions group has been set up to help people get the many distinctions available to them through the PAGB and FIAP distinctions route. The group encourages members to strive to achieve the very high standard of photography required to achieve these distinctions.
We will also look at work for people who are trying to enter images into both National and International Photographic Salons and encourage members to enter these competitions, as accepted images will often help gain the FIAP distinctions.
We meet at 7.00pm on the first Monday of the month unless it is a bank holiday, in which case the meeting is moved to the second Monday. The meetings take place in the small hall in the Tangmere Village Centre.