1. Recycling old ink cartridges (message from Lorna Brown) – Members who use Epson printers might have found it a challenge to find out where/ how to recycle their old ink cartridges. I’ve just found that you can use this website: http://content.epson-europe.com/environment/collectandrecycle/en/fulfillment_inkjet.html and (after some advice from Epson!) you can, confusingly, select ANY printer from the list, not the one specific to your printer as the list isn’t comprehensive and will receive a postage paid label to send the old cartridges of to Epson.
2. 16 September : talk by Gavin Hoey at Alton Camera Club – Gavin is a freelance photographer, writer and trainer of all things photographic. His work is regularly featured in photographic magazines, websites and videos. Winner of Adode’s 2010 “Next Photoshop Evangelist” competition and guest speaker at “The Photography Show” this year, he demonstrates Photoshop, Lightroom and Elements in the UK, Europe and the US. Gavin has a real passion for sharing his photography and Photoshop knowledge and Alton CC
will be one of the first to see this year’s lecture: “Snap Happiness”. Guests to the club may attend for the small charge of £5. Venue: Alton Camera Club, Wessex Arts Centre (on the Alton College campus),.Old Odiham Rd, Alton, GU34 2L. 7:00 for a 7:30 start. For more details see the website – http://www.altoncameraclub.org.uk/ Phil Thomas, ACC Secretary
3. 21-27 Sept : Spectrum Photo Art Exhibition – Denbies Art Gallery (Denbies Wine Estate, London Road, Dorking Surrey RH5 6AA; 15 minutes walk from Dorking Station), 9.30am – 5.30pm (Monday from 12 noon; Sunday to 3pm); Meet The Photographers Friday 25 September 12 noon -2pm; Free entry and good cafe for drinks or food.
Rosemary Wilman, Hon.FRPS writes: “We are a group of ladies of diverse backgrounds, influences and interests, who share a passion for taking and making images. This diversity is evident in the variety of photographs on show, and demonstrates the differences of thought and versatility of approach, to the subjects of our choice. The Group has exhibited together for several years each photographer’s personal work is highlighted in small panels. We are including a few of our favourite images by Susan Hill FRPS, a founder member, who sadly died in December 2014. We look forward to welcoming you and please share this information with your friends”. Please also see attached poster. https://gallery.mailchimp.com/6ec5d48fe3107fb49645a8e92/files/Spectrum_Photo_Art_Poster_for_clubs.docx
CCC members please note that Rosemary will be giving a talk at the club on Thursday 10 March ‘About Time’ & More …
4. Oct/Nov, Movie on James Dean (message from Glyn Edmunds) – Some of you will have seen the recent film on Salgado, but in October / November our local Chichester Cinema @ New Park will be showing a film directed by photographer Anton Corbijn featuring the famous shoot by Dennis Stock for Life magazine featuring James Dean. I’m sure many of you can recall those iconic b&w images of James Dean in Times Square.
Friday 30th October @ 3.45pm
Sunday 1st November @ 8.15pm
Tuesday 3rd @ 1.15pm
Wednesday 4th @ 8.45pm
Thursday 5th @ 6.00pm (you’ll miss Mike Read @ CCC)
For those of you who are not regulars :
Website : chichestercinema.org
Box Office : 01243 786 650
5. Tim Rudman Newsletter : Iceland, An Uneasy Calm’ (progress update) – Glyn Edmunds has asked that this progress update is circulated to club members as a matter of interest. Tim Rudman writes “The book is currently with the printer EBS in Verona where it has already been printed, but the binding will be delayed as there were two small sections of the book that I wanted re-printed. The second round of proofs for these sections arrived today and have already been returned to EBS. I will attend the final on-press session next week. If all goes according to plan and on schedule this will delay delivery by only about two weeks. So instead of mid September, shipping of the standard edition should now begin in the first week of October. The Deluxe edition should start shipping approximately two weeks later. The book website is www.iceland-anuneasycalm.com
A new ‘Process’ section to the site is under construction, giving an insight into the print making processes. To those who do – enjoy your printing. www.timrudman.com “
END OF NEWS ITEMS