Spring Exhibition April 28th and 29th!
It’s just 2 weeks now until the Spring Exhibition with several things to be done, so here is a reminder.
- An exhibition dinner will be held at the Walnut Tree, Vinnetrow Road, Chichester, PO20 1QB on the Saturday evening at 7 p.m.and is open to everyone, not only exhibitors. It’s £17 per head for two courses and coffee. You will need to place your order. Booking forms should be returned to Sarah Nichol. Please make cheques payable Sarah Nichol
- John Howes will be looking after the set up on Saturday and will need some strong arms to assist him – volunteers to John please!
- Carmel Lynch will be masterminding the refreshments (tea, coffee and cakes) and will be delighted to have homemade cakes and volunteers to help.
- There will be space for any cards you might like to put up for sale, with a 10% commission to the Club on any sales made.
- Thank you to everyone who has already stepped up to help! Rotas are attached. Please sign up to help over the weekend.
Saturday – 7.30am John Howes needs team to collect posts and stands from Ann
8.00am Set up stands in Hall
8.30 – 9.30 Exhibitors mount their images
10.00am Exhibition opens
4.30pm Raffle Draw
5.00pm Exhibition closes
6.45 for 7pm Supper at the Walnut Tree
Sunday – 10am Exhibition opens
3.30pm Raffle Draw
4.00pm Exhibition closes
Exhibitors clear up! John will return posts and stands to Ann with help
The Club will provide the Velcro fixings to attach your images to the boards.
The Focus Group Exhibition is on at the Assembly Room starting Saturday. It would be great if some of the muscular members of the Club could give us a hand getting the screens, etc. transported to town.
The schedule is:
– Thursday, 3:00PM at Tangmere to load up the screens, etc.
– Friday, 8:30 AM at the Assembly Room to unload the trailer and set up.
Support has always been great whenever the Club has an exhibition and it would be appreciated if it continued for this occasion.
A final reminder that your PDIs and Personal Statements should be in by now (at least by 31st March). The hard copy of your hanging plan needs to be with me by next thursday (5th April).
We will be asking for volunteers for various jobs over the exhibition weekend next week so please talk to Carmel then!! The more of us help the less pressure on those that do!
Just a reminder.
Your personal statement should be emailed to Cheryl Marshall by next Thursday.
A hard copy of your hanging plan should be with Sarah by then. If you’re not going to be at the Club next week email me and I will send my address.
PDIs should be uploaded to the website in the usual way but resized to 1920 by 1080. Apologies for the last post where I misplaced the 2 and the 8!!
Also a reminder of cards for sale
Come and see the best photography exhibition of the year. Bring your friends and spread the word.
For more information check this link to Exhibition;
There are still a few boards available! Also those who have registered please remember that 29th March is only 2 weeks away when you should have
- Sent your personal statement to Cheryl Marshall.
- Provided Sarah Nichol with a hard copy of your hanging plan
- Uploaded Pdis for the exhibition in the usual way. They need to be sized 1920 by 1080
If you need any help with any of this please ask any of us.
Also a reminder that we hope to have cards for sale over the weekend!
It’s not too late to register for this exhibition! It’s your chance to be creative with images and the way you display them as well as getting feed back without judgement! Just let me know by email and bring the £10 next week!
To all Club and Intermediate members. Remember your registration for the event of the year! You don’t need to know what you are going to show – just the intention to do so!
The Annual Exhibition might seem very distant just now, but it’s not too early to take note of the key dates, especially the deadline for all entries which is Thursday 10th May. All Club Members who enter work for the exhibition are guaranteed at least one image will be included in this major event for the Club that takes place this year between Saturday 11th and Saturday 18th August at the Assembly Room, Chichester.
You can find the the Annual Exhibition Guidance here: –
Annual Exhibition 2017 Guidance Notes for Entrants
For your diaries, do please also note that the Club Pre-Exhibition meeting will be at 7.30pm on Thursday 2nd August at Tangmere Village Centre. The Preview Evening, to which all members, their Partners, Spouses and family as well as our friends from other clubs and judges and speakers from the season are invited, is on Friday 10th August at 7pm at the Assembly Room.
Preparations for the exhibition are already well underway and in the run up to the event starting with the organisation of the print entries on the 17th May ready for judging on the 7th June by this year’s judge, Caroline Colegate, lots of volunteers will be needed to help with setting up, stewarding, catering and many other necessary tasks that make our Annual Exhibition such a well supported and popular occasion.
Lorna Brown, Chair
Sorting out the print entries ready for judging for the 2017 Exhibition